- Mango Salsa:
- 3 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 medium organic red bell pepper, minced
- 2 organic limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- 1 organic jalapeño pepper, stem removed, seeded, minced
- 1 pound mahimahi or cod fillets, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 organic lime, juiced
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded organic red cabbage
- Mango Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine and refrigerate until ready.
- 1. Place fillets in a shallow baking dish.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together canola oil, lime juice, salt, an dried spices. Pour mixture over fish, cover, and place in the refrigerate to marinate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 4. Over medium high heat, heat stove top grill pan or griddle. Remove fish from refrigerator and place on grill. Cook fish for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of fillets. Fish should flake easily with a fork.
- 5. Place tortillas on the grill and grill for 10 to 15 seconds on each side.
For a chicer presentation when serving, spread an even amount of red cabbage onto the bottom of each tortilla, top with an even amount of fillet portions, and spread an even amount of mango salsa on top of each. Fold filled tortillas and place together in a serving dish with limes places around to hold them in place.
Because mangos are cooling, they are great thirst quenchers.